So for the second time this winter, we've had ice!! It's so crazy...I'm pretty sure I've never been through a real winter season until this my 23rd year of existence...so crazy!!! Luckily, this time the power didn't go out so there were no sudden trips to MeMe's. We did however have no cold water for a day and half, which you'd think wouldn't matter so much but oddly enough it does.
Anyway, freezing stuff aside, school has been going well. Grant it, I've only been through 2 weeks of it but I've decided that I do love it. It is a lot of reading but it's good reading. Yes, I do have to stop quite a bit to look up words in the dictionary to make sure I understand what I'm reading but it's still good. There alot of big writing I have to do too. I'll have 3 papers due at the end of the semester so I've started working on them now, while it hasn't been a lot of work, still I've done some work. It's just really cool to learn what I call the technical things about the Lord. It's just giving me this fresh perspective on Him and how great He is. I love it.
My time with the Lord has been good also. For Christmas I got the One Year Chronological Bible and it has daily readings in it. I've been doing that and it's neat to read things "in order." Like at the middle of January I read Job and it was cool because that was a perfect fit for what was going on in my life. It was in the weeks before school started and I was very doubtful about whether or not I was really doing the right thing. But I must be so think the Lord for that!
In other news, I've been cooking a lot more lately, I think I mentioned earlier we're trying to do more home cooking because it's cheaper than eating out, so Mama and I share the cooking duties. Tonight, since Mama's working I'm going to make homemade chicken noodle soup with a recipe I found in the Lifeway Homelife magaloge. It sounds delish, hopefully I"ll remember to take pictures. Also, I have a new television obsession. The Martha Stewart show and a show that comes on PBS called Crafting at the Spotted Canary. Oh man, I love these two shows!!! Martha, of course, has fabulous things on her program everyday and the Spotted Canary show gives me all kinds of crafting ideas plus, they show some super cute projects on the show. For example, Tuesday night when I watched "Crafting" there was a lady on there that was doing beading jewelry and one thing she made was a beaded head band. Oh my goodness, it was so cute and I'm going to attempt to make some. We'll see how that goes!!!
That's all for now!!!
Peace, Love, Grace, & flowers
CA
1 comment:
I want to see pictures of all the crafts you make so I can make them too=) Also share you new meals... I am struggling with ideas!!! MISS YOu!!
Post a Comment