First of all, so thankful the warmer, more Spring like weather! However, for about the past week and a half I have been in a great struggle with myself....I have been very easy to get angry and annoyed and it's been with silly stuff. For example, I have issues being content with the earthly things, like my car, where I live, the type of technologies I have, how much I make at my job, my clothes. In the moment, I'm truly upset because I feel like what I have doesn't come close to matching up with what others have, then while thinking about what others have, I'm made that they have what I don't. Now, first of all, I know this is not a good place for my heart or my mind, this is not a place that I, a young lady who is striving to be a Godly woman, should not be. Usually, I'm content, I can find the blessings in the things that may bring me discontent. But this time, I get upset, discontent, unsatisfied, I stew on it. This is not OK!
So since realizing that this is becoming a problem I try to stop it right then. To help me with this several verses have helped, one of them is the first memory verse I've been working on for this year, John 15:16-17, which reminds me that He chose me and He desires for me to produce lasting fruit. FYI, you cannot produce lasting fruit while stewing in discontent. The second was one I came across while looking for ideas for scripture art on Etsy, is James 1:17, which reminds me that EVERY gift and EVERY good thing is from Him. There is so much good and so many gifts in my life that it's silly to be upset or sad about my stuff. The final one that came to mind was from Philippians, which has so much good stuff in it anyway. But the verse where Paul tells us to rejoice in the Lord always, ah...this is something I'm sad to say I've been failing to do.
But now, I'm rejoicing in Him, I'm clinging to Him, and I find myself craving Him. Also, it's been amazing because with the heart change has come an attitude change. I'm on a health kick, while it's starting out slow, I am making a deliberate effort to be better. Why? For Him!!! I mean if He chose me, I should really take care of myself or that's how I feel anyway.
Like I said, it's a slow health kick, but I think I'm getting started on the right foot. Healthy food first, then exercise. I'm weird, I have to start eating healthier first otherwise, I have the thought process of "Yeah, I worked out today so it's OK for me to eat 10 chicken nuggets from McDonald's," as a friend of mine would say this really is not logical so I'm making a change.
Wish me luck!!!!
peace, love, flowers & grace
CA
No comments:
Post a Comment