Ok, so cue the dramatic music. Nah, not really, just kidding. Yep, I ,as of the this very moment, a week and 1 day of class time remaining at Louisiana Tech Universtiy. Crazy!! The time really has gone by pretty fast but I have to admit I'm glad it's coming to an end. Don't get me wrong, I adore Louisiana Tech University. I've enjoyed the last four years going to football games, in my jersey with my blue bandana, and Tech symbol on my cheek. I've loved the classes I've taken, I really have learned something! I've loved being involved with the BCM and having the honor of being the Soul Food team leader. I've enjoyed the many hours I've spent studying in Toliver and on the 3rd floor of the library. I've enjoyed the Snickers Ice Cream bars and Icees at the infamous red tables. I've worked my booty off maintaing a 3.0 GPA and have been involved with professional-student organizations. But it is time to move on. I feel it in my bones. I've lived in the Ruston area for almost 16 years of my life. Ruston is where my roots are. It's where I've grown up but it's still time to move on. I've said this before, Ruston is not mine. Ruston is the previous 5 generations of my family, it's my hometown but it's not home. As my time at Tech is drawing to a close, it's stressful. And honestly, I don't mind it because when it's over, it will be worth it. It will be worth the four years of hard work and money spent to walk across that stage the afternoon of May 22, 2010 and receive my degree. I have so many memories here, so many people that I love I've met here. I plan to keep them close as I move along. I will come back to visit but it's time to get moving on to what I beleive will be greener pastures.
Again, crazy, but I've loved every single minute of being a true BLUE Louisiana Tech student and I will forever chant "Seek 'em Dawgs!" "We Are...Bulldogs" and "How Bout Dem Dawgs!" I will bleed blue until the end!!!
Peace, Love & Flowers
CA
No comments:
Post a Comment