Monday, April 19, 2010

Finding Joy...in the BIG and tiny things :)

Well, God has been doing some revealing recently and while it hasn't been about the things I would really like to be revealed that ok, it good stuff! God has been teaching me A LOT about patience, contentment and joy. It's getting to be that time of year where it feels like everyone and their sister is getting engaged and usually I become depressed and very down and doubtful. But with the engagement of two friends recently, I felt God making me so happy for them and realzing that I must be wait and wait to be greatful and content in waiting. Also, God has shown me how important it is to be joyful no matter what! I've been reading a great book by Francine Rives called "Unveiled", it's part of a series about the women in the lineage of Jesus and this book is about Tamar. While it is ficiton, I've been reading in my bible in Genesis where this story is taking place. In the bible, I've been reading about Joseph, whose brother Judah is the family that Tamar marries into, and man Joseph never gave up, he was patient and joyful. I mean I'm sure he wasn't just happy smiley all the time while he had many up and downs but he awlays found joy in the Lord and kept his faith in Him and was content in whatever the Lord had planned for him. The book is also good too because Tamar is exhibiting many of these same qualities, I recommend this book and I'm recommending the series even though I haven't read all of them yet!
Joy, I've realized that joy can be found in the BIG things God does and the tiny ones. I believe I'm coming to appreciate the tiny ones more that the BIG ones! God just does things everyday that can make me realize the joy He gives me. Lately it's been silly stuff but you have to start somewhere right? Also God provides things that help me boost my self esteem at just the right moment and through that I can find joy in what He's doing. Lately I've been finding A LOT in flowers and clouds and sunshine. I mean those things provide such a certain beauty to our world and many times we overlook them. I LOVE the sunshine and flowers! They are so cheery! And clouds provide much needed relief from the sometimes overwhelming sunshine. Clouds also provide rain and ease. Today it's a cloudy day but I'm finding joy in it. I'm greatful for the rain that may come and that today my class at work may not get to go outside but we'll play inside together. The rain provide rest and refreshment and newness. Wow, see rain and cloudy days really do provide JOY!!! Well, I hope that you will find joy in the big and the tiny and be patient and content in whatever situation God has you in now!!!
Peace, Love and Flowers
CA

No comments:

Post a Comment