Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Relaxing but Productive Easter Break

Yes, my Easter break was probably the best break of any kind I've experince in quite a while. It helped calm me down from a pretty stressful week and provided some time to just do some fun stuff. It started for me Wednesday because after taking two test earlier that day and having a not so great beginning of the week I decided I would let my brain do nothing and it did :) Thursday I got to sleep late because my 8 o'clock class was cancelled and just piddle around and went to work. Friday was wonderful because my papa, sister and I were all off so we got to spend the day together. Also I painted a plate that day and started working on a couple more for my family reunion this weekend. Doing that was great because I love doing it and it's so relaxing! That night at Emmanuel we observed Good Friday by having "A Service of Darkness." I know it sounds kinda iffy but it is probably the most meaningful service we have. During this service scripture is read as it leads up to Jesus dying on the cross. It is so, so powerful and gives a great reminder about what Easter is really about.
Saturday got even better because I slept late for the third day in a row but I was determined to make it a day worth something. So I got up that morning, worked on my plates a little more, washed a load of clothes, and tye dyed 2 t-shirts all before 1o'clock, which is impressive considering I didn't get up until 10-ish. Then I did lay around a while and watched some TV and played some Mario Galaxy and boiled almost 2 dozen eggs to dye for Easter. Then I piddle some more and after Mom came home we dyed eggs and at about 12 I went on a cleaning frenzy in my room. So now my room is almost decent :)
Sunday was also great. We got up and the" Easter bunny" had come to visit Rachel and me. We go a basket full of candy and a miniature poceline tea set to paint. We know that the Easter bunny isn't real and that it has nothing to do with Easter but it's fun, like dying eggs, it's fun and I'm always down for doing fun stuff. Church was great as always and afterward I go to enjoy some fellowship with friends at a local Mexican resturaunt, which was nice on Easter and then went home to feed my papa and sister.
Monday was a laid back day also but as I've realized I'm telling my life story I'll just post a few pics :
I recently got my hair cut(thanks Erin!)
I did my sister's hair for her prom (I can't get it turned the right way, sorry)
The eggs boiling
The type of kit I used for the eggs(I don't know why the won't turn :s)
Cute, right?

Well, that's all for now I guess, I'll have pics of the plates and shirts as soon as they are done! Until next time:
Love, peace and flowers
CA

No comments:

Post a Comment