Monday, May 24, 2010

God is...

Ok so 2 post two days in a row, crazy I know! But as I said yesterday I am here in New Orleans touring New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. I must admit that I love it so much already and I just had a simple tour of the campus and of some of the city of New Orleans. I really do love it. It was great getting to see the campus, enjoy a very tasty breakfast and lunch in the Cafe, participating in chapel, getting to tour the student housing, and sitting in on a class taught by Tony Merida (which was so awesome, he's a great teacher and I only sat in the class for an hour!) and then going out into the city for the more traditional stuff. I came here with an open heart and mind. I may love the seminary but I realize that doesn't mean this is where I'll end up. I do intend to start in January but I have  year to decide. However, I'm hoping God will move before then! Also, I came to the tour with one degree program in mind and now I feel like a different program would be the better choice. I'm learning that nothing is ever set in stone, I'm learnin to let God take control and I'm putting all my trust in Him. I know that in seeking Him in these next few days, weeks, months, whatever, He will make my path clear. He will let me know what program to pursue and where to go. He'll provided the money, a job, the transportation, the supplies, whatever I need, He'll make sure I have it. And that to me is just neat. I mean, He's God. The biggest, most powerful, most meaninful, most mystrious, most awesome being ever and He's going to provide for me as long as I seek Him first.
Today in chapel, Dr. Kelley spoke about keeping our perspecitve, our focus on Him. I desire to do that and I find myself doing it more and more each day. I know He will make clear the path He would have me go down. I'm also learning that sometimes we have to start down the wrong one in order for us to see which one is the true path. I'm willing to do that. I'm willing to chose another degree program and another campus or whatever if that's what God has planned for me. I'm going to step out in faith and just hold on to Him but let go of me. That's all I can do. Man, God is just so...there are no words. He just is...
So as I said before the next minutes, hours, days, weeks, months whatever will be spent in prayer and careful listening to God and waiting, paitently, for His direction. So stay tuned for updates! :)
Peace, Love & Flowers
CA

No comments:

Post a Comment