Well, once again its been a busy week. Though now I feel more in control which is always nice. Last weekend was the first home football game of the year and that was so much fun! We won which made it even better. Other than that, I've been working on getting my life in order and I feel like I have. I'm pretty excited about classes and plan to do really well this quarter and hopefully I will. Anywho, I had an epiphany this week during my quiet time. God keeps his promises. Now I know, I know, its a "duh" epiphany but I mean I really understood that if he's promised something to you he will keep it. I've been reading in Genesis, and in chapter 15 the Lord promises Abram that he will have decedents that out number the dust of the earth and Abram complains that he doesn't even have a child but the Lord reminds him that he(the Lord) has made this promise and he will keep it. I've also realized that those promises aren't going to be full filled until I am holy enough to be trusted with the things that come in those promises. Does that make sense? I guess it could be equivalent to the whole if you can't be trusted with what you have you can't be trusted with more thing.
But yes, I've been dealing alot with that lately, I know the things the Lord has promised me, but they haven't come yet because I'm not ready for them, I couldn't handle them. I've also been struggling alot with jealousy and the whole "I must not be good enough" mentality and although it's not half as strong as it has been in the past that voice is still in the back of my mind. It's so hard but I'm praying through it and that has helped so much already!! Just keep praying and keep the faith and the Lord will pull through. HE ALWAYS DOES!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment