Sunday, December 30, 2012

Looking Forward

Well, um...3 post in just about as many weeks. You can tell I'm out of school, right?! I know my last couple of post have just been kind of blah but they were honest and that's what I want to be: honest. Christmas was great! I loved getting to spend the time at home with my beautiful family. I love them so much and am so thankful for them and for all they do for me. I also got to see some of my friends here at home, which is always a blessing to see them and get to hang out with them even for a little while.
Now, let's  think about the new year. 2013. I've pretty much given up on making resolutions. I mean does anyone actually keep them? I know I don't. Sure I do OK for a month but them...done. But I do know what I want in the year to come. I just want to continue to follow His will for my life. I'm not trying to sound super spiritual or even super Christian but in the last month I've thought about a lot of things. Some of the things I've discussed a little bit. I never wanted to sound resentful or like a don't appreciate where my life is now. Sure I had plans and I had ideas and I had hopes of what my life would look like but where my life is now is 100 times better then anything I could have imagined! He has done great things and will continue to do great things.
Sometimes I feel slow in learning that the Lord's plans are really better than mine. And that's silly.I think it's silly, you would think that's something I would have learned quickly but no. I'm stubborn sometimes so it's a lesson I'm still learning and thank goodness the Lord is patient! So in the next year, the overall goal is to seek His will for my life and only He knows what that means.
I do however have some fun goals that I would like to meet  in the next year, they probably won't but I can dare to dream. Right?!
So, here we go:
Fun goals for 2013
Go to a Hornets game
Go  to a Saints game (in the Dome)
Go on a date (It's been a while, and I would like to feel like I'm worth something, I would be thrilled with a McDonald's date, true story)
Go to one of the cool restaurants in NOLA (Dat Dog, the Company Burger, Cochon, one of those cool ones)
Spend a day at Lake Pontchartrain (I've spend a few hours there, but I want a day!)
I'm going to try to spend more time with the friends I have close by. Seriously going to go to see them more.

So that's it! For now anyway. Those are fun goals! Nothing wrong with fun goals right? I'm looking forward to 2013. I know that great things are going to happen. I've had an interesting 2012 but it's been great and full of blessings. I'm so thankful for it and really am excited about what's coming. So hold on everybody, it's going to be a good year. I just know it!
Have a blessed and happy new year!!!!!
peace, love, flowers, & grace
CA


No comments:

Post a Comment