Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Realignment

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow. It has been a super long time since a post! I have a legitimate reason: School and life. Let me tell you, those things makes you a busy person. I'm not sure if that means I'm doing it right, since it makes me so busy. I feel like I'm in constant motion and sometimes I just want to stop and lay down for about 3 days but that doesn't happen. I mean I know I should be busy with school. That's is pretty much number one on the list but, shew, ready for a real break.
ANYWAY, like I said things have been crazy but good. They are going which is always a plus. I just wanted to take a minute to reflect on something and maybe inspire someone who might read this. Something has been happening in my spiritual life lately. There as been a lot of realignment going on with a lot of things. God has just been teaching and speaking and pricking and doing all kinds of stuff to me! And in all honesty, it has been a difficult experience. The main thing has been the realignment of my desires and my passions. For so long, my desire has been one thing and lately the Lord has been nudging me to take a look at it. I'll be honest, I didn't want to. I was scared. I do earnestly want my desire to be His but when His desire for my life looks a little different then I had hoped it would, that kind of breaks my heart. Not to say that  a desire has gone away, it's just been adjusted. Which as been weird. Again, it's the whole realignment idea.
God has been forcing me to stop, take a step back, and put the desires and wants of my life in a kind of order. I didn't want to put them in order because I feel like I'm ready for some of those things NOW. Ah, being a human and having the disease that is instant gratification. Some of these things I've waited a long time for and when you are almost 25, for some things you just get tired of waiting and you begin to wonder if maybe it's time to look at a path you never even considered before. However, God is good and has reassured me. He has also reminded me that everything happens in His perfect timing and at His discretion. Not mine. And that my friends is the hardest lesson to learn. I mean some days just feel too long, the wait seems intolerable for some of the desires that the Lord has placed on my heart. But He's showed me to stop and take a breath and pray and, get this, WAIT. Getting the realignment of my heart and my mind is tough and painful and emotional but it is going to be SO very worth it. God does everything for His good and perfect purpose and that is the kind of life, the kind of desire, the kind of passions I want to have. Things that line up with Him and His plan for my life.
So even though things get crazy and hectic and I want things NOW. I have to wait and examine and hold on. Good and perfect purpose. That is something to hold on too!
Peace, love, flowers and grace
CA

No comments:

Post a Comment