Monday, November 19, 2012

Let's be thankful...all the time!

First of all, two post in about a week, that friends is how you know that it's a holiday and the big assignments are done! Second, it's getting to the holiday time of the year and who doesn't love a holiday! This week is Thanksgiving and it's been the time when people have posted on Facebook or Twitter or Blogger their 30 days of thankfulness. I didn't participated in this because I am thankful everyday no matter the time of year. However, over about the last week my heart has felt full and been torn. The full part is pretty obvious, I mean whose heart doesn't feel full this time of year. We get our attention turned to the things to be thankful for and we feel thankful and blessed. Those are the words that get thrown around this time of year... a lot. I mean they are on everything and they are everywhere. Which is fine. I'm not dissing it. But why aren't we thankful everyday? Why is it only in a two month period that our focus shifts and we suddenly seem to be oh so thankful for our lives and our blessings and become super religious?
I don't want to be thankful, really, genuinely thankful only one or two months a year. And I'm not! I am thankful EVERYDAY. I am thankful everyday because even on the hard days, the Good Lord points out something to be thankful for. Usually it's tiny things, or things that seem tiny to other people but to me they are BIG things to be thankful for. I don't just fall in love with the Lord during the winter months, I fall in love with Him EVERYDAY. I remember that the Light of the World came everyday, not just in the time after Thanksgiving and up to New Years. Why does it seem like that happens to other people though? Why don't we, as a people, love Jesus all the time. Why is there only a city wide worship during the Thanksgiving season? Shouldn't there be one, every week or every month?
I don't want to be especially thankful for my blessings during the month of November. I want to be especially thankful in June and March and September. I want to remember that Jesus is not just the reason for the season but He is the reason for LIFE. I want to have my heart gushing with thankfulness for everything He has done, is doing and will do.
I want not just 30 days of thankfulness but a lifetime of thankfulness. Don't you want that too? It can happen. In just a moment of quiet, just a few minutes set aside just for Him, He'll make you realize that you have something to be thankful for everyday! He will point out the tiny things in you life that you want to give BIG thanks for. So when this season of being especially thankful and putting such special emphasis is over, don't let it stop for you but let it continue on January 2. Take a moment and find things in your life to be thankful for and give praise and honor to the one who gave them to you.
Thank Him 365 and not just for 30.
Peace, love, flowers, & grace
CA

No comments:

Post a Comment