Well, here we are already three days deep into 2012. Crazy, 2012. Strange to put those numbers together for some reason. Being three days into the brand new year, I figured it was time for a little review and a slight view as to what I hope the new year holds. Let me begin this review by saying that I'm glad 2011 is over. It was a good year, but a year in which I had to experience things I never dreamed I would have to. Let's start at the beginning shall we?
January: I started seminary classes at the NOBTS Shreveport extension center. I drove a little over an hour to get there and stayed pretty much all day. Loved taking the classes and am very grateful now to have that little bit of experience under my belt. I turned 23. 23! Gosh, I'm getting old. I had a great birthday, I always do.
February-May: Life goes on, school, work, family. Fun times. Nothing extraordinary happened, thank goodness. Life was fun and fancy free, well except for the fact that in about March I realized that I needed to move to the main NOBTS campus to complete my degree. This decision was made with some hesitation on my part but realized that it must be done out of obedience. So saving began!
Late May early June: I heard my Papa say something I never, EVER, EVER EVER though I would hear him say. Something I prayed I'd never hear him say. I had children in the day care whose parents said this to them and I was sure being I would die if I ever heard these words "I have cancer." However, he said them and I didn't die. I got upset, yeah. I got mad, yeah. I cried, I felt sick, I was sad and confused and a little hurt. I didn't die, my world didn't implode the way I imagine it would. I turned to the Higher Power. In all honesty, that all I could do, all I wanted to do. I didn't handle it, He handled it and I'm so thankful He did.
June-December: My Papa completed chemo and radiation treatments with success. Surgery was schedule and I had to move. On August 15, 2011 we loaded down my car and my parents car and made our way South. We arrived to the great city of New Orleans and they left me. Well, I mean they didn't leave me, they helped me move in and stuff and we said goodbye and I was on my own (in a way). What a thing to do, move out and live in a dorm room. Live in New Orleans, a place I have loved from a far my whole life. It became reality, me living away from home. Crazy but it's real! I started school and loved it. It was a long semester (I promise I'll never get used to that, once a LA Tech girl, always a LA Tech girl) but I made it and brought me to a new year.
So, here we are, January the third in the year of our Lord 2012. I will begin my second semester of seminary in about two weeks and I'll turn 24 (good grief) 12 days. So, what do I want out of 2012? I don't know really. I mean I made some goals, sure but nothing big or lofty. I decided to keep it simple this year, I guess. I made a reading goal, a writing goal and one fitness goal. All of these should be relatively easy for me to keep, like I said they aren't lofty.
For this year, I just want to make it. I want to get one full year of school under my belt, continue to do my best, and enjoy it. I want to make sure I love on the people I love and do a few things that are worth writing down. I just want to live and live for the better. Now, maybe that's a bit lofty but I see it as attainable. I have no idea what lies ahead. Honestly, I don't even want to think about it. I just want to take it day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute and enjoy it. Try really hard to enjoy it anyway, I'm sure there will be some not so great bit in there, that's part of life though and that's OK.
So there it is. My 2011 and what I want for 2012, it's not much but it's mine and I kinda like it. I hope that your 2012 is a blessed one and you have bits worth writing about too.
peace,love,flowers &grace
CA
No comments:
Post a Comment