Monday, August 15, I left home. I got up at 5:00 AM, got ready. Papa fussed over making sure we had everything, we got in the cars and we began the journey of letting go. Yep, if I had to put a title on this part of my life that' s what it would be "Letting Go." I'm letting go of the fact that my wonderful Papa is not going to be right here for me to love on and laugh with. He's there and I'm here in NOLA. While I know this is how it has to be, something that he's said a lot the last week and put in his e-mails, it feels right but at the same time it feels...strange.
Yes, I'm excited about school, I'm actually ready for it to start (that's NEVER happened before), I'm excited about being here, I know the Lord is going to do big things. At the same time, I miss my house, my family being right there, I mean right there. I know it's time and I've done pretty good, only a few tears :), I just don't want to let go. I still to feel like my parents little girl, and I guess I will always be but being here, it feels different. I'm their grown girl, the little girl, my sister, is still there.
This is a roller coaster for me. Like I said, I'm excited, I'm proud (of myself and my parents), and eagerly waiting the Lord's next move.
Other than all of that emotional stuff I just got into, I'm sorry about that, we really did have a great trip. We got down here no problems, and thankfully Mama and Papa made it back to Stump Farm safe and sound. I got moved in and I'm still working on making my nest but I know those things take time.
Now for this cancer update:
My dad is done with treatments. He really did come through those like a trooper, such a working of God there. He recently met with one of his doctors and he said everything was fine and he'll see him again in November. Next, Thursday Mama and Papa go to Shreveport to meet with the surgeon to schedule that. Please continue to pray for him and for us, as we come upon these changes and steps in life.
That's all I've got.
peace, love, flowers, &grace
CA
No comments:
Post a Comment