Well, classes started back today, however, I'm richly blessed and don't start until tomorrow. Hmm, yes, richly blessed because I don't have to start until tomorrow.
I am slowly but surely getting adjusted. I'm learning to live like I'm grown but I'm not gonna lie, it's tough but I'm learning to like it. Day by day I'm becoming more and more thankful to just be here. The environment is rich with encouragement and opportunities. I really am learning to love it. However, the desire to stay inside the gates is strong. I know this has a lot to do with my personality. I'm just a home body, which when you're here to do what I'm here to do, can be a bad thing. I'm learning to conquer that desire, just giving it over to the Lord because that's the only way it can be over come.
New Orleans is such a unique place. It's a beautiful place. It amazes me at how quickly the view goes from bight and shiny and beautiful to broken and ugly and needy. The place literally has it all. Every type of people group, social economic group, religion, need. It's here. I think that's also part of what makes staying inside the gates appealing to me. I have a fear of failure and I want to fix things. I want to make ALL of NOLA bright and shiny and beautiful and happy and healed. The sad reality of is that I can't but I can do what God has put me here to do. I know part of that is school but there's another part. I'm not sure that what is yet or where I'm suppose to do it but I'm going to be obedient and follow Him until He let's me know what His plans are.
I've been reading Nehemiah. It's been very eye opening. He had a lot he needed to fix where he was but he sought the Lord before doing it. You need an excellent example of leadership to model after, read this book of the Bible. Nehemiah was not only a great leader, he was a Godly leader. He always sought God before tackling a project and during the project he came to the Lord. I've really enjoyed doing a little study on Nehemiah, it's taught me quite a bit, especially when it comes to the feelings of needing to go out and fix stuff!
Well, that it for now. Like I said, my classes start tomorrow so pray for me. Seminary is no joke but I love it!!
peace, love, flowers, & grace
CA
No comments:
Post a Comment