Ah...that is a refreshed, content (for the most part), and encouraged "ah." Last week school was out, which was nice. It have me a day off of work and school and I enjoyed it too much. Then this past weekend, I participated in a women's retreat at Emmanuel. Oh my, it was so good. It was so encouraging and so comforting.
As a young woman in the ministry world, it can be hard because it is such a male dominated profession. I have no problem with that but it so nice and encouraging (this is apparently the word of the week :) ) to hear from women who are educated and love doing ministry. The speaker for the retreat was Becky Brown and she spoke about being still and quite before God. This is something I've been convicted of lately. I need to get in my prayer closet and just be quiet. I'm going something she called the "18:18 principle." This is getting away or getting "in the prayer closet" with your bible, paper or journal (I recommend this if you are journal-er like I am, its probably going to be something you'll want to be reminded of later) and a writing utensil. When you have those things and you are in your quiet, completely quite place. Be quiet and still for 18 minutes and 18 seconds. After, that time write down what you heard, what you felt, what you smelled, whatever. I've never done this and I'm excited about experiencing that time of complete silence. She also talked about having a "date with Jesus," now this was not the first time I've heard about this, it's more often referred to as the "discipline of solitude" and something I absolutely need to practice. I'm surrounded by family at home and the children at work and they create A LOT of noise, although it is noise I love <3. I've booked the date and I'm looking forward to a little time with just me and my Lord.
I've also just started a bible study with the girls of the college group that's by Beth Moore. Oh boy, she is good. It's called "Stepping Up." It's going through the "Psalms of Ascent" and studying those in depth. I'm really enjoying it and I know it's going to be another growing experience. It's also neat that both of these studies fit this season of life. I'm at a place where being quiet is critical. I need and desperately desire to seek God and become the woman that He desire me to be. I also need to step up for the next part of my life, getting ready to go down to New Orleans and continue with the next chapter of life. I also need to be quiet and learn to rely on Him to provide. There's things I need for school and there are some personal needs I have right now. For a little while, I fretted about them but I quickly learned to give it up to God so that He can work me through it and can provide.
I love the Lord so much, I want Him and desire to serve Him with everything that I have. I'm so thankful for how he orchestrates events in my life because , of course, they are perfect. So I'm gonna get ready and learn to be 'be still' and 'step up' so that I can fall more in love with Him.
peace, love, flowers & grace
CA
No comments:
Post a Comment