As a new season approaches, I figured it was time to make some changes of my own. Like for starters, the blog now has a new name and I'm working on the perfect new look. Also, as Spring approaches, probably my favorite season because of the great sunshine and weather, the time to decide on some things is quickly approaching. I'll be honest, some of these choices, I'm not sure about, others I've decided I'll just throw myself out there and see what happens.
For example, our church is currently looking for a part time children's minister. Well I've decided that for funnzies(I know it's not a real word) I'm going to turn in my resume. Which means that the seminary decsion depends on that. I'll be honest, there are several other things I would like to do after graduation too. Like going to beauty school. You can ask my mom, I've talked about going to beauty school since I was in Junior High, I've just always thought it would be fun and hair and make-up and nails and all that stuff, is something I love doing and love playing around with. Seminary, oh man I would love to to go seminary, and lately I've been thinking about just getting an Associates degree and them possibly going up from there. I know that is a lot more school and a lot more work but that road feel more appealing righ now.
In all honesty, I don't know what the future holds, but I feel like all I can do is just look into stuff and throw myself out there and see what happens. I mean all that can happen is that door becomes closed, right?
Well I hope that you enjoy the new look and hopefully the new feel of the ole blog. Hopfully I'll be better at updating.
In other news, over spring break our college group from Emmanuel went to Mobil, Alabama on mission. It was amazing. We worked with Habitat for Humanity and actually got to help build a house.It was so cool. I mean I new little about constructions since my papa used to be a carpenter and my counsins own a construction business but to acutally do hands on work and build was a whole new experince. It was just awsome. Also while we were there we visited the Alabama Baptist Children's Home. That was a heartbreaking experince for me. All of the children there had been sexually abused and had expeirnced other problems in their little lives. That to me is unimaginable. I am so apprecaitve that I have the greatest parents and exteneded family in whole world, who have loved me and supported me and provided for me my whole life. These children don't know that kind of love and that's wrong. It's unfair for a child to know the pain of being taken away from a parent or for a child to be hurt and violated at a young age. But they are being healed by the power of God through the servents He has placed in their lives and that is praiseworthy.For pictures and more about the mission trip checkout http://www.emmanuelcollegeruston.blogspot.com/ and see pictures of me using a circular saw! :)
Well, I think that's all for this post. Check back soon for more and possibly for some more improvements!
Love, sunshing and Flowers(because it's spring!)
CA
No comments:
Post a Comment