Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Snow has an Affect on me...

So, the first day of spring, which as I've mentioned previously is my absolute favorite time of the year, was Saturday. And it was not very spring like at all, it was cool and rainy and just not spring like. Then yesterday, the very second day of spring, IT SNOWED!! I mean this must be some sort of record for Louisiana because this was the third time we've had snow this year. Crazy. And appearantly this snow has had an affect on my emotions big time. For some reason, after a weekend of now feeling so hot (I believe I was and still am fighting the stomach bug of doom) I woke up Sunday feeling an emotion I've never felt before. I believe I'm going to name this emotion invisible. Why? Well allow me to explain. Right now, there are so many possibilities for my life and I seriously do not know which way is the best way, which is totally new for me. Also, I'm feeling a lack of friends in my life. A lack of someone I can run to, just talk to, can call or hang out with them anytime, and someone who is in my season of life too. Well not my season of life but experince some of the same things. I mean I am clueless as to which road to pursue the strongest, I'm single(which I feel gets me booted out of social circles sometimes), I work, I still live at home. I'm just so labled, I'm made invisible by these labels and choices. Does this make sense to anyone but me?
Also, last week at Coffeetable(http://www.emmanuelcollegeruston.blogspot.com/) we discussed having a criticle attitude. I've realized I've got to be the worlds worst with this. I hold things against people all the stinkin' time. I judge people, I label people, I make my desicions about them out of selfishness. That, my friends, is very very not good. I think about it and I desire so much to change it. But changing it is like saying "Don't think about the pink spot on the ceiling" because what happens? Exactly. So this can be added to the list of stuggles I now face in my life. Changing me attitude and can I mention that after being this way for the entire 22 years of my being it's going to be pretty hard to change. But if anone can do it, HE can, correct? Correct!
Ok, so now that the contents of my heart are all over this page, enjoy and pray for me A LOT.
Love, peace, and flowers
CA

1 comment:

MorganD said...

Catherine!! I miss your sweet hugs girl! I completely understand what you are talking about...I am coming to Ruston hopefully the weekend after Easter. We should get together and chat:) Have a fabulous week girl!

Post a Comment