Well, the last two weeks of my life has been glorious. I did nothing and it enjoyed it too much, way, way, way too much. However, Christmas was great I go some neato stuff and enjoyed spending time with my family and eating steak for Christmas dinner. My presents, if you saw them all together, reminded me of a pile a presents a 12 year old would recieve but I loved the stuff I got. Lots of crafty stuff, which is so fun and a couple of video and of course the Holdiay Barbie. My sister and I have recieved Christmas Barbies for the last 10 years and even at almost 22 years old, the Holiday Barbie is still a delight to unwrap and look at. But like I said I enjoyed spending the time with the fam and gaining a greater understanding of what the season, and life really is really about. The Son, the wonderful, glorious Son.
New Year's was pretty uneventful. My mom, sister and I watched the Disney Channel until 12 AM on January the 1st and then waited on my Papa to get home because he is working nights and we then drank the traditional Welch's Sparkling Grape Juice, well they did, I got Champange Apple Cider (non-alcholic, of course) and then went to bed. But did wake up the next morning thanking the Creator for a new year.
Then Monday, a miracle happened, it snowed. No crazy sleet and ice and snow just sweet, lovely, floating flakes of snow. It was wonderful. And also on Monday the unfortunate happened, school started back. I mean I knew it was going to, I just didn't want it to. And boy has it started back with a vengence. But that's life I guess, right.
Anyway, as I write this I will turn 22 in 9 days. Which is exciting and that means that for me, my new year offically starts off. I just choose to start my year a little late because of my birthday. Will there be a big party? No. Just going to celebrate it with my fam, which is what I want. I am thankful to the Lord to have had nearly 22 years. They have been great beautiful, growing years. 22 wow, that sounds old to me even though I know it's not!!! Well, I've got to go and do some more school work and house work and life work. Crazy I know but that's part of being nearly 22 right?
Beautiful, isn't she?
No comments:
Post a Comment