Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 to 2014

All in all, I must say 2013 was a wonderful year. The people that were sick got better and are in recovery, Praise the Lord, school went well, my job has been great. So yeah, I can say that 2013 was a great year. That being said, I want 2014 to be a better year. Mostly I want to continue to grow in my relationship with the LORD and continue to serve Him the very best way I know how. I want to make deeper, richer roots in Him and have Him really truly be at the top of everything in life. I mean, I have other goals too because I don't make resolutions, those are silly and no one (for the most part) keeps them. Another thing I want to do in 2014 is spend more time with the people I love. 2013 was interesting in that it was the "year that Scooter didn't go home" seriously. I went home for Christmas 2012, saw my mama twice in person before I went home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. While it was an experience I needed, I guess, let me say this: NEVER AGAIN. I love the stark contrast between my life at school and my home with my parents. "Stark contrast?" you say, yes. Let me explain, I go to school in New Orleans, Louisiana. The very definition of a cross cultural society and I LOVE IT!!! I love that there are so many people from so many places doing so many different things in this one city. I also love that NOLA is a huge tourist spot, mostly because those people are funny to watch and talk too. Seriously, they are hilarious, I love tourist. New Orleans is huge! There are many different neighborhoods that make up the wonderful city, there are also many unique and fun other cities/towns that surround this one. I love them all and I am thankful to experience this season of life in the gumbo pot that is New Orleans. However, I also love going to this place that is tucked away in rolling Pine tree covered hills that are Lincoln Parish. I live outside of a village, A VILLAGE, called Choudrant, Louisiana. This small little quaint area (seriously, one caution light in the middle of the place) refers to itself as "Louisiana's Front Porch" and friends, that is exactly what it is. Like I said I actually live outside of the village, I am from a place with no name, it's a community, crazy right. In this magical place, there are woods and quiet and no traffic. It's glorious. I love it, deeply. So see, stark contrast, and it's perfect. I want to enjoy that more, somehow, in 2014 because I think getting out in the woods and cooking stuff in a Dutch Oven with your father outside (true story) is good for the soul, you should do it sometime.
Also in 2014, I pray that people will learn to have richer and deeper vocabularies. For example, "totes" is not a really word. The shortening of any word is the most annoying thing in earth. Maybe this means I'm getting old, if so I don't care but people, especially girls of America, "adorbs" "totes" "perf" and the like make me want to vomit. Also, the "selfie" needs to go away. You need to find some self worth? Sorry folks, it's undeserved, the only one that deserves worth or glory is Jesus, not you for going to Starbucks. We are just too self absorbed as a society. Facebook is beginning to make me almost physically sick every time I look at it. I appreciate it's ability to help me keep up with people I love but sorry, I don't want to hear your snark comments on well, anything. Also, Alabama fans, you need to calm down. You are not the greatest thing since sliced bread (though there are many of you I love, actually those I do love are calm so take a hint) that again is Jesus. Instead being so concerned about the "Tide" let's become more concerned with sharing the Gospel, please!
Now, these points made, I have areas I need to work on too. Media in all forms is one of them. I will begin to unplug once a week, a kind of electronic fast. I will read out a book more rather on my NOOK and NOOK HD though they are incredible little machines and I am thankful to have them. I will call my loved ones more and write more letter because hand written letters (much like bow ties and blue boxes) are cool. So these are just a few of my goals for the new year. I hope that your new year is blessed and that you grow in the LORD as well and that His name is made famous and He richly blesses you.
What are some of YOUR goals/resolutions (if you must *wink*) for the new year?
peace,love,flowers, & grace
CA

No comments:

Post a Comment