Thursday, June 2, 2011

The season so far...

Well, my summer has been good but started on a crazy and very unexpected note. We found out that my dad, or as we lovingly call him Papa, has rectal cancer. Crazy, right?! It was unexpected, probably the second most unexpected thing in my life. The first was my mom having a stroke when I was in the 11th grade. Anyway, we are still doing things to get treatments started so prayers are greatly appreciated. He's going to have surgery tomorrow to put a infusion port placed in his chest for chemo. He'll have a chemo pump and will have it for six weeks. We'll also do radiation for 5 days a week for 6 weeks. Then sometime after that he'll have surgery to remove the tumor. It's strange. I never thought I would have a parent that has cancer but I do. It's been a struggle to accept it as a reality but I have and I am just trusting completely in the LORD.
I know that the He will take care of everything. He'll provide money and time and whatever else we need. It's hard, I've cried, I've begged God to heal Papa. I know it's very much possible that Papa can be completely healed but I also realize that it must be part of God's plan. Like I said earlier, I'm just trusting in the Lord. I know He will do what is right and good because that's who He is. While it may not look exactly like I want it to, that's okay because I know however it works out it's by His reasoning and plan, and His reasoning and plans are far greater than anything I could ever think up.
So, this has made summer interesting but it's not making our lives stop. I'm still waiting to go swimming and eat a sno-ball. I'm extremely cheap and don't want to spend money, which is why I haven't gotten a sno-ball yet this summer season. Crazy I know but that's me. Anyway, please pray for my Papa and our family as we move ahead. Also don't forget the people that have been affected by tornadoes and flooding in the South. It's been a wild summer. But what good would it be if it wasn't? Summers are suppose to be crazy, aren't they?
Later y'all!
peace, love, flowers & grace
CA

No comments:

Post a Comment