Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Just some randomness

As I sit here in the Lincoln Parish Library I first of all realize that I am tired, really tired and I also begin to feel overwhelmed just a little bit. But besides that I'm thinking about how I only have two quarters of college left! Two quarters. I've been planning and dreaming and doing and working and working my whole life for this and now it's down to 2 count 'em, 2 quarters. I also realized that over the next two weeks I will spend my last moments inside of the La. Tech BCM on W. Arizona.
It was weird because last night I was sitting there on the couch waiting for Journey groups to get out so Soul Food set up could start and I just wanted to cry. I mean I know that the BCM is not just a building, really it's not the building at all it's the people. But in that building my life was changed. I realized who I am in Christ, well began to realize who I am in him and I began to grow really grow in him in that building. Because what has happened in that building I now have friends that I love with all my heart and many of them will be leaving after the quarter also. It's strange. It's not May, I'm not graduating yet but my life is about to do a 180. Most of the people that I love and call my best friends will be gone. The place where I came to absolutely adore ministry and began to fall crazy in love with the Lord will be gone. And I will have 2 quarters left. For some reason I feel like they will be empty quarters, long quarters with little hanging out going on. Not because I won't want to or because I'll be too busy but because it will, they will be gone.
I mean I've had friends leave before but for some reason this is different. I guess maybe I feel like everyone is growing up but me. And believe it's not because I don't want to, I do. I guess it's just not my time. I mean I have friends that just announced they will be having their second child, another friend is getting married and moving away. It's going to be hard, really hard. I'm so used to to just talking to them, but know their lives are changing and I have to change to fit them and so that our relationships can continue on.
Man, this is tough. It's kinda hard to swallow, really difficult to imagine and have I mentioned that I'm not a huge fan of change. Especially sudden change, big change. I have to adjust and I'm not very good at that but what can I do? PRAY. Huh, it seems like the simple answer to everything but really it's the hard one. I mean I have to give it all over to the Master Cr eater, the One who can take care of all it. So that's what I'll do, pray.



Oh yeah, pictures will come soon, promise, seriously, I promise ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment